What is a Pagatinu?
For customers who want more control over their energy and water consumption, Aqualectra offers a new product: the Pagatinu system. Pagatinu is a prepayment system for water and power which gives you control over when and how much power and water you will consume. A Pagatinu device installed at your home/facility allows you to import prepaid power and water when you need it and monitor your consumption more effectively. Pagatinu has been extensively tested abroad and is not only user-friendly, but friendly to the environment.
Why the name Pagatinu?
Pagatinu gives our customers control and responsibility over consumption, allowing a more efficient means to monitor use and conserve water and power. You are in charge.
The advantages of Pagatinu:
- You control your consumption because you decide when and how much water and power you purchase: no billing surprises at the end of the month.
- The Pagatinu meter lets you check consumption and reserve levels of water and power anytime.
- No need to pay a deposit, disconnection, or reconnection costs: you don’t accumulate debt with Aqualectra.
- Pagatinu allows you to decrease your consumption and support environmental conservation.
Points of sale:
- The PAGAFASIL points of sale.
- The PAGOMATICO points of sale.
- The Aqualectra Santa Maria branch at Jan Noorduynweg and the Aqualectra Santa Rosa branch, open from 8:00 till 15:00.
- The Aqualectra Barber branch, open from 8:00-12:00 and from 12:30-15:00.
- The Aqualectra Otrobanda branch at Pater Euwensweg, open from 8:00-18:00.
Existing rates apply to the Pagatinu program.
Clik for the current water and electricity rates.
How to apply the tariff structure in the Pagatinu system
The tariffs that apply to the postpaid system also apply to the prepaid Pagatinu system. The Pagatinu system starts registering on the first day of each month.
The lowest tariff of Nafl. 0,6476 per kWh is applied when you first recharge your electricity during a month. When you buy more during that same month, you pay a higher tariff in accordance with Aqualectra’s tariff structure. The highest tariff will remain applicable once you have surpassed 350 kWh, no matter how much more electricity you buy and consume. (click to see example table)
We recommend buying what your household uses during an average month.
You can buy this at once or bit by bit.
We don't recommend buying far more than what you need, since you will pay
a higher tariff for a quantaty of charge that you could have paid less for.